Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas 2012 in Salem!

12/25/2012 & 12/26/2012

The Days episodes that I most look forward to are the ones that take place during the Christmas season! The Hortons really do make Christmas special in Salem. Most all of Salem has an ornament and we get the chance to see how everyone are connected.  Here is what stood out for me:

Hortons
  • We see the usual clan gathering at the Horton home to hang their ornament.  We see Jennifer host most Salem with the help of Julie and Maggie.  I love that the show still has Maggie as a key member of the Horton Family as she has moved on with Victor since Micky's passing.  She will always and forever be a Horton.  I loved her line in Wednesday's episode where she said she was not a blood Horton, but Tom and Alice always made her feel welcomed and loved. 

  • Besides the usual Horton family members that were there, the only thing that really stood out to me was when Kate answered the Horton phone.  I loved how the show set this up!  Surprise!  Bill Horton was on the other line.  Kate lit up brighter than the Horton tree!  Now that Kristen is back, I would love for them to bring Bill and Laura back.  It could be a great triangle for Bill/Laura/Kate and Laura could be there for Marlena now that Kristen is BACK!  All the Horton scenes were really good this year, but I have to say that the Dimeras had my attention.

Dimeras
Now let's talk about my FAVORITE Days family!  I have never been more excited than I am now about where the show is going to take the Dimeras. 

  • Kristen:  I love that she is using Brady to get back at Marlena!  It is kind of weird that she use to have a nursery in the Dimera Mansion for him when she and John were together and now she is hosting her bed for him at the Salem Inn.  She had some great scenes today with EJ, Chad, Skyped Stefano, and dead Lexie.  She hints to EJ that she is using Brady, gets Chad to agree to join the Dimera reunion via skype, and steals flowers from another grave and tosses them over to Lexie.  I think the new Kristen really has not changed much, and I am loving THAT!  The only request that I have, is that they move her back into the Dimera Mansion and out of the Salem Inn! 

  • EJ:  He and Kristen have been attached at the hip.  They are helping each other much like Kristen and Peter did in the 90s.  I love that they are helping each other get what they want.  He is very active with his kids as of late.  She is still unsure if she wants to be with EJ or Rafe.  I really hope they explore Ejami.    They were one big happy family at the Brady and at Mass.  Loved seeing all the kids!

This is what really stood out for me over the past two days.  Let's hope for ratings gold going into the New Year!  I love Days and connecting with other fans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment